All co-pays and/or out of pocket payment are due at time of service. I am a participating provider with CareFirst, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, United Health Care, Medicare and Beacon Health Options (Medicaid). Insurance can get pretty confusing sometimes, so it is important that you contact your insurance company prior to our meeting to determine whether my services will be considered ‘in network’ and how much (if any) out of pocket cost you may incur. Some insurance companies will require that you pay out of pocket up front but allow you to get reimbursed for these costs. Be sure to inquire with your insurance company about this prior to your visit.
Insurance 101: Some questions that I recommend asking are:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible? Has my deductible been met or how much do I still owe?
- How many sessions per year does my plan cover
- How much is my co-pay?
- Does therapy require prior approval from my Primary Care Physician or any other provider?
- Is this therapist listed as an ‘in network’ provider?
I also accept private pay (cash or check only). My rates are as follows:
- Initial session out of pocket fee: $125
- Follow up session (45-50 mins): $80
- Missed session/late cancellation fee: you will be billed the cost of the missed session